This is a very interesting and useful study on color preferences based on age, gender, and associations.
Some interesting results:
- Blue is everyone’s favorite color, regardless of age or gender. Although men like it more than women.
- Green is very popular with the under 18 set and decreases in popularity as we age.
- Purple gets more popular as we grow older.
- Everyone’s least favorite colors: orange and brown. Then grey for women and yellow for men.
- People associate several primary and secondary colors like red, blue, yellow, green, purple, and orange to the word fun.
- Online stores need to have a color combination that promotes a quick transaction. Red is shown as the major color choice when associated with speed.
- Courage and Bravery are associated with Red, Blue and Purple
- Cheap and Inexpensive are associated with Yellow and Orange.
- Black and Blue are associated with quality and dependability.
If you’re developing a new website or sales collateral you might want to read
the article and consider the implications.