Did you know that Google has landing page and site quality “guidelines”? More importantly did you know that this affects the price you pay to advertise on Google?
“The AdWords system uses your Quality Score to define several important factors for your keywords when you first create your ads. These factors define how much you’ll pay for clicks…”
What are some of the quality guidelines?
• Link to the page on your site that provides the most useful and accurate information about the product or service in your ad.
• Ensure that your landing page is relevant to your keywords and your ad text.
• Try to provide information without requiring users to register. Or, provide a preview of what users will get by registering.
• In general, build pages that provide substantial and useful information to the end-user. If your ad does link to a page consisting of mostly ads or general search results (such as a directory or catalog page), provide additional information beyond what the user may have seen in your ad or on the page prior to clicking on your ad
• You should have unique content (should not be similar or nearly identical in appearance to another site). For more information, see our affiliate guidelines.
Until recently, these guidelines were aimed at the Adwords advertisers, but now they are applying them to sites that host Google ads (Adsense).
That’s good news for Google Adsense advertisers. If you need help developing or improving landing pages or websites to perform better give us a call at 781-810-9107