According to a recent A.C. Nielson survey, shoppers have concrete reasons for buying in “brick and mortar” stores rather than online. Below are the top reasons why people shop offline and my advice to ecommerce owners on how to mimic the “real” store feel to boost your sales.
A.C. Nielson sites:
- “58% of the people polled shop in stores because they wanted to physically evaluate the product before purchasing.”
- “52% didn’t want to wait for the product to ship.”
- “43% didn’t want to pay shipping and handling.”
- “27% wanted to talk to a sales person in person, before purchasing.”
- “23% thought they could find a better price in store.”