Google has recently imposed new requirements for stores listed on Google Product Search. We’re going to tell you what you need to do to ensure your products are listed.
- Step 1: Log into Google Webmaster tools with your Google log in. If you’ve never logged in or your site is not listed, click “Add a site” and type in your URL.
- Step 2: Once you have entered in your website URL, select the “Meta Tag Verification Method” and copy the tag provided. If your site is already listed and verified you can skip these steps.
- Step 3: Add the meta tag from Webmaster Tools to your home page tags, update and publish the store. Some editors will allow the meta tag to be placed in the “Head-tags” field, but others may require the meta tag to be installed in a different field.
- Step 4: After you publish, click on the verify button in Google Webmaster Tools.
- Step 5: After your site is successfully verified, log in to your Google Merchant Center account.
- Step 6: Click on “Settings – General” under your store account and “Claim the URL”
We want to thank YourStoreWizards.com for providing this helpful information. If you need further assistance, a page has been set up to view these instructions and obtain assistance with Google URL Verification. http://www.yourstorewizards.com/google-url-verification.html
I hope this has been helpful! If you are interested in attaining more visibility in the search engines, Exclusive Concepts offers Search Engine Optimization as a service. Request a free SEO audit to get started. Have a great weekend, and we’ll see you back here for SEO Monday.