I’ll first preface this article by explaining that I have absolutely no experience with writing an online dating profile, but from what I’ve HEARD, you need to have a good one…no, a great one… in order to attract a lot of cupids or matches or harmonizers or whatever. The same goes for creating great content to create conversions.
- The first thing any good writer needs to do is research. In order to become an expert on your audience or the topic you’re writing about, you need to do a little searching for information first. Look at what your competition is writing or simply educate yourself through other means. If you’re writing content for your own website, you’re probably already an authority so make sure the reader knows that! BUT! Don’t come off as too cocky.
- Tell a story. The easiest way to keep people interested in what you’re saying is by having a beginning, a middle and an end. Make sure it’s interesting above all else. Keep them reading. Break up a longer paragraph with bullet points if you need to.
- Don’t make careless spelling errors. If you only have a few paragraphs to say what you want, then it’s necessary you make a good first impression. People’s first impressions of each other are usually made within a few seconds – the same goes for your website.
- After you’ve written your copy, it’s always good to put it aside for the day and sleep on it. I always look at yesterday’s copy first thing in the morning in order to catch mistakes and errors. Again, I stress the importance of first impressions. This is your one chance!
- Have someone else look it over after you’re done. It always helps to have a fresh pair of eyes look at your words. You might get some great recommendations, and they may catch overlooked spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- A picture tells a thousand words. Humans are attracted to photos so when you’re posting pictures on your site (or profile), make sure they’re awesome.
- I know I said before it’s good to be an expert on your topic without being an obnoxious know-it-all, but bragging a little bit doesn’t hurt. Creepy Julian Assange’s alleged OKCupid profile was released recently, and I have to say Assange (or someone pretending to be him) did a pretty impressive job of presenting himself as just enough egomaniac mixed with a little bit of charming. If you can create a tone that works for your website, give it some personality and set yourself apart from your competition, you can hook plenty of fish…or buyers.
Well, that’s all for today and I hope you’ve enjoyed this post on writing content that converts. Exclusive Concepts offers a great copywriting service, as well as a variety of other services like Advanced SEO, Profitable Pay-Per-Click, Conversion Booster, and Lifecycle Email Marketing.
We’d also like to remind you that if you have a question or idea you would like to see covered on Your Daily Concept, please send us an email at email@example.com! If selected, we will email you and let you know when the video will be posted. Thanks for watching and have a great weekend!